Whether your business is manufacturing or service oriented, national or regional, well-established or just getting started, Steel Works Industrial Park offers a strategic location for easy access to your markets.
• Well-positioned on NYS Route 5 with access to NYS Thruway I-90 and all area expressways.
• Central to all of Western New York, Northern Pennsylvania and Southern Ontario, Canada.
• Located within minutes of the border of the USA and Canada
• Within a day’s drive of 75 percent of the population of North America
• Shipping access at nearby Port of Buffalo-Niagara Frontier
• Rail freight service nearby through major railroad companies
• Under 30 minutes from Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Steel Works Industrial Park is situated on the site of the former Bethlehem Steel Lackawanna plant, a steelmaking operation that was originally started in 1902. The plant set the stage for Western New York’s legacy as one of the country’s leading steelmaking regions during the early to mid-twentieth century.
During World War II, the Lackawanna plant became the world’s largest steelmaking operation employing over 20,000 workers on its 1,300-acre site. The plant’s prosperity lasted well into the 1970s and was a driving force in the local economy.
Decreasing demand for steel and the onset of steel imports lead to the closing of the plant in the 1980s.
Today, the site is on the verge of rebirth with a variety of industries locating operations here. Steel Works Industrial Park is helping to create jobs as more and more companies take advantage of all the park has to offer for their business.
Contact Steel Works Industrial Park today for more information.